FRIENDS OF McDOWELL PARK|
(formerly McDowell Park Association)
Last revision, November 17, 2015
Click HERE to open PDF ByLaws
|Summary of MPA Proposed By-Law Changes:|
- Incorporates new name change and other items to simplify and make the by-laws reflect operation of the FMP Board
By-laws: the board reviewed the complete bylaws and agreed to propose the following updates and simplifications for approval by the membership at the annual meeting in November. The major changes are as follows:
- Article I Purpose: Include name change to Friends of McDowell Park, (formerly McDowell Park Association) and rationale (clarification of our mission as volunteers, not part of official park system) emphasize FMP’s role as one of “preservation and support.”
- Article III Members, Section 2-Dues: delete the last line.
- Article IV Board of Directors, Section-4 Number and Election of Directors: rather than 5, 7 or 9 board members, it will read “not less than 5.” Delete sentences establishing terms for first Board of Directors after by-laws were enacted.
- Article IV Board of Directors, Section-5 Nomination: delete
- Article IV Board of Directors, Section-6 Term of Office: delete
- Article IV Board of Directors, Section-10 Special Meetings: change to read “President or Secretary or Treasurer”
- Article IV Board of Directors, Section-11 Notice of Meetings: delete the word “every” in the last sentence
- Article IV Board of Directors, Section 13-Action without Meeting: change last sentence to read “…are filed with the minutes of the next meeting.”
- Article V Officers, Section 2-Election Term of Office Qualification: change “at a December meeting” to “at the annual membership board meeting.”
- Article V Officers, Section 4-Removal: modify “removal is by a majority vote of the board members.”
- Article V Officers, Section 8-Secretary-Treasurer: break out into a Section 8 for Secretary and a Section 9 for Treasurer, as we have one of each.
- Article VI General Membership Meetings, Section 2-Annual Meetings: change date of annual meeting to the first quarter in each calendar year (to enhance membership involvement and improve meeting attendance as more members are resident during that quarter)
- Article VI General Membership Meetings, Section 4-Membership Quorum: delete
- Article XI Voting Upon Shares of Other Corporations: delete
- Other changes will be made to the bylaws, consisting of formatting changes, typos, spacing, etc.
|Copyright © Friends of McDowell Park, All Rights Reserved - A 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization|